Adequate breastfeeding will save your child from developing diabetes and hypertension at early stages
disease such as diabetes and hypertension at their young age since
many nursing mothers have preferred baby foods to exclusive
breastfeeding for their infants.
Accordingly, many more babies are vulnerable to malaria and other
opportunistic disease such as diarrhoea because their internal defence
systems are not well built due to lack of nutrients derived from baby
Natural breast milk contains numerous nutrients that help boost
child's immune system to fight diseases.
The reasons why baby food cannot replace natural breast milk in child
health are simply because baby food lacks some certain nutrients to
boost the child's immune system and these foods contain excessive
formulas not recommended for children.
It must be noted that the current increase in infant-related diseases
is due to the fact that nursing mothers do not breast feed their
babies enough and this is resulting to rise in the number of infants
developing chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes among
others even at their tender age.
foods, many more infants will be susceptible and vulnerable to chronic
diseases that were naturally known to affect the old.
Government can also play a vital messiah role by providing intensive
and extensive education on the importance of enough breastfeeding.
Government should also consider increasing the maternity leave period,
especially for those in public sector, from 3 to 6 months to give
nursing mothers enough time to breastfeed their babies to ensure their
10 facts and health benefits of exclusive breastfeeding
1. Breast milk is the only food and drink that an infant needs until
the age of six months. Therefore, do not give water or any other
2. New born babies should start breastfeeding within 30 minutes of birth.
3. Breast milk is the baby's first immunization. It helps to protect
against diarrhea, ear and chest infection and other health problems.
4. Do not give babies any drinks like pap, glucose before you start
breastfeeding the baby.
5. Breastfeed many times day and night, this makes the milk to flow very well.
6. Breastfeeding helps protect babies and young children against
7. Use of feeding bottles can lead to illness. Use a clean cup and
8. From the ages of six months, babies need different types of foods
in addition to breast milk.
9. Breastfeeding should continue for up to 2 years and more if the
10. Breast milk is an important source of energy, protein and other
nutrients such as Vitamin A and Iron.