7 EASY STEPS TO PREPARE MILK KEFIR
The following are the 7 easy steps to prepare milk kefir
1. Kefir grains,
4. Breathable material like paper towels, dish towel,
1. Place kefir grains in a jar.
2. Pour in milk on top of the grains.
3. For the first batch, add around 1 cup of milk per 1 tablespoon of grains.
4. Put a breathable cloth on top and secure with a rubber band.
5. Put the jar in a cool, dark place like a cabinet.
6. Let the kefir ferment for 24-48 hours. When you tilt the jar slightly and the kefir is thicker and more gel-like instead of just watery milk, then is ready.
7. Strain the kefir in a plastic strainer. (Never use metal strainer or spoons. The kefir liquid itself can touch metal but the grains cannot as this can "kill" them.)