Medical scientists have discovered that there is a link between diabetes and some form of cancer. They found out that certain risk factors that cause diabetes can also lead to cancer. Scientists are trying their best to make research and discoveries in order to enlighten people about their health. Many people are ignorant about their health. They are well educated in other aspect of their lives, they were educated and well
grounded in finance, relationship, news, entertainment, sports, market and other aspect of life but when it comes to health education, their score is zero. Though, having education on health does not mean that one will not sick but having the knowledge is always better because knowledge is better than ignorance anytime any day.
The research shows that certain factors that cause diabetes also cause certain types of cancers such as liver, pancreas, uterus, colon, breast and bladder cancer.
The medical researchers are still learning more about the link between type 2 diabetes and those type of cancers.
7 RISK FACTORS SHARED
BY DIABETES AND CERTAIN CANCER
Some common risk factors shared by both type 2 diabetes and certain form of cancer
1. Age – Age is a major factor for both disease because the research shows that as you get older, your risk for both type 2 diabetes and cancer goes up.
2. Gender – Your type of gender have an important role to play when it comes to diabetes and cancer. Overall, cancer occurs more often in men. Men also have a slightly higher risk of diabetes than women.
3. Race/ethnicity – Race is another key risk factors common to cancer and diabetes. It was noticed that African Americans and non-Hispanic whites are more likely to develop cancer. Whereas, African Americans, Native Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, and Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders are at higher risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
4. Overweight – It is important to keep a balance or lean weight because obesity or being overweight is known to increase your risk of type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer.
5. Inactivity – Our body needs to warm up regularly to perform to optimum and keep us away from disease. Therefore, make sure that you involve in one exercise or the other at least 30 minutes a day. Make sure your heart beat fast and you sweat during the exercise. However, people that have diabetes, high blood pressure or heart problem should get recommendation from their doctors on the kind of exercise that is ideal for them. But, ‘walking’ according to your strength and condition should not be dangerous for anyone. It has been proven that higher physical activity levels lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer.
6. Smoking – Smoking is not good for your health. Smoking is linked to several types of cancer. Studies suggest that smoking is a risk factor for the development of type 2 diabetes and all forms of cardiovascular diseases.
7. Alcohol – There is a medical research that prove that moderate alcoholic drinker live a healthier life than excessive drinkers and those that do not drink alcohol at all. Therefore, drinking more than one drink a day for women or two drinks a day for men raises the risk for both diabetes and cancer.
According to US research exercising two to three times a week (30 minutes per session) over a lifetime led to more youthful middle-sized ar...
A situation where there is a depletion of blood as a result of lack of hemoglobin is known as blood shortage. This a serious medical p...
A study conducted among about 460 cows and 3,130 abattoirs in Nigeria found that about 40 percent of herds surveyed carried bovine TB. Acc...
1. Mix 1 part of ginger powder with 1 part of honey. Take 1/2 teaspoon of the mix 3 times a day.This will help to enlarge your penis . ...