WHAT IS GLYCEMIC INDEX?

What is G.I.?
G.I stands for GLYCEMIC INDEX. This is a method of numbering or
ranking carbohydrate foods to indicate if that food will make glucose
level in our body rise very sharply, moderately or very slowly.
The sugar in low G.I. foods are released slowly into the body, causing
blood glucose level to rise and then fall more slowly than the foods
which have a higher G.I. number. If we choose to eat more food with a

low G.I., they will be absorbed more slowly and can help even out
glucose levels.

FOODS WITH HIGH G.I.

Foods G.I
1. French bread 95
2. Potatoes 80-100
3. Cornflakes 84
4. Rice crisps 82

MODERATE G.I
1. Barley bread 65
2. Papaya 58
3. Raisins 64
4. Beetroot 62

LOW G.I
1. Maharani rice 52
2. Pineaple 52
3. Lentils 28
4. Rice 52

WHY GO LOW G.I?
Many studies have shown that food with low G.I. number satisfies our
hunger for a longer period of time and they also reduce our food
cravings and is good for diabetes patients.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NATURAL/HERBAL/HOME REMEDY FOR TREATING SHORTAGE OF BLOOD